The Irish Self Catering Federation was founded in 2002. It is the National organisation for all self catering properties in Ireland. The primary functions of the ISCF is to promote and protect the interests of its members.
The Irish Self Catering Federation office is based in Monaghan, Co. Monaghan. The ISCF has an Executive Council representing both group and individual members in the different regions. Our membership is diverse, and we welcome all self catering operators, irrespective of the number of properties that they have.
The chairperson is Peter Downey is from Dublin, but his self-catering property is in Co. Galway. Peter has been a influential member of ISCF for many years and brings with him a wealth of self-catering experience.
The ISCF Company Secretary is Stephen Corrigan from Mayo. The Officers are elected by the Executive Council and hold office for a period of three years.
The Executive Council meets bi-monthly and holds an Annual General Meeting and Conference.
ISCF Vision & Mission
To increase national and international consumer awareness of the range and value of Irish self-catering sector throughout Ireland while pushing for equal representation & exposure for self catering within the tourism industry.
To promote and protect the interests of our members by;
- Representing Irish self-caterers by proactive lobbying on a national level to ensure equal representation for our sector in the tourism industry
- Offering business networking opportunity’s
- Providing online support forum where any paid member can reach out to all other members with any industry related issue or problems
- Giving members access to presentations and face to face meetings with industry trade suppliers
- Providing technical support and training for our members
Executive Council Members
Peter Downey, ISCF Chairperson
Owner of Riverside Paradise
Stephen Corrigan, Company Secretary
Owner of Achill Cottages
Paula Irwin, Director
Decoy Country Cottages
Liz Keane, Director
The Old Deanery Holiday Cottages
Howard Knott, Executive Council
Owner of Ballybetagh Hill Cottage
Stephen McGovern, Executive Council
Owner of Dublin City Rentals
Joyce Holleran-Whelan, Executive Council
Cúirt Na Coiribe Mgt. Ltd
John Kirwan, Executive Council
Owner of Ballymac Village